||Gates Scholarship Applications
Raymond F. Gates, Jr. Memorial Scholarship applications are now available. If you have a child/stepchild who is a high school senior or full-time college/graduate student (with at least 1 year left to complete) and you have been an active CT REALTOR® member since at least 4/7/16 - he/she is eligible to apply. Click here for more information and to access our online application system. Application deadline is April 7, 2017..
Additional Foundation Programs:
- Thanks to the incredibly generous support of CT REALTORS® across the State, we are happy to report that the CTR Foundation’s recent “be homeful for the holidays” campaign was a huge success. Our goal was to raise $50,000 to help end family homelessness in Connecticut and to provide 2,000 plush Paddington bears to children living in shelters – and we did just that ($51,200 to be exact.) Best of all, the fundraising efforts have allowed the CT Coalition to End Homelessness to open their assistance fund to providers everywhere in the State for the first time since they launched the "be homeful" project three years ago. Thank you to all who contributed, we could not have done it without you. View photos of the Paddington bears being loaded by CTR Foundation Trustees and distributed by local Association members to their area shelters.
- At the recent CT REALTORS® Installation and Foundation Benefit dinner, 330 mittens/gloves, hats and scarfs were donated to benefit local shelters through the City of New Haven’s Homeless Division. The Foundation also collected 128 donations totaling over $3,200 for its “be homeful for the holidays” campaign to help end family homelessness and donate a plush Paddington bear to every child living in a shelter this holiday season. Pictured are 2017 CTR President Michael Barbaro and CTR Foundation Chair Nicholle McKiernan.
- Thank you to everyone who purchased discounted tickets for the Travelers Championship or pledged through the Birdies for Charity program. Your generosity helped us raise over $5,700 for the Raymond F. Gates, Jr. Memorial Scholarship fund.
- The CTR Foundation donated $2,500 to the Louisiana REALTORS® Relief Fund to support their to help residents and homeowners as they attempt to recover from devastating flooding in August of 2016. Please consider supporting our fellow REALTORS® by donating to the Louisiana Relief Fund. Mail donations to: Louisiana REALTORS® Relief Fund,
821 Main Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- During the CTR Board of Directors meeting on July 21, the Foundation collected 125+ pounds of dry pet food, 100+ cans of wet food, 50+ boxes of treats, 50+ cat/dog toys and countless other items such as leashes, towels/blankets, bowls, litter along with nearly $750 in monetary donations. All of the contributions were donated to the CT Humane Society.
Check out this video of some of the adorable pets of our BOD members.
- In July 2016, we made a $2,500 donation to the West Virginia REALTORS® Relief Fund to benefit the victims of the most devastating flooding they have seen there in 100 years.
- In May during the NAR meetings in DC, the CT REALTORS® Foundation asked CT REALTORS® attending the meetings to collect their hotel toiletries. Over 500 pieces were collected and donated to the Community Renewal Team shelter in East Hartford. Such an easy and cost-free way to show CT REALTORS® Care!
- Check out the 2016 Gates Scholarship recipients.
Home | About | Scholarships | Disaster Relief | Fundraisers
Silent Auction | Contact | Donate