The Foundation made the following donations in response to natural disasters in the United States and around the globe:
- The CTR Foundation donated $2,500 to the Louisiana REALTORS® Relief Fund to support their to help residents and homeowners as they attempt to recover from devastating flooding in August of 2016.
- In July 2016, we made a $2,500 donation to the West Virginia REALTOR® Relief Fund to benefit the victims of the most devastating flooding they have seen there in 100 years.
- In May 2015, we made a donation to AmeriCares in support of their efforts in response to the earthquake in Nepal.
- In December 2014, in response to a personal plea to Sierra Leone’s Ambassador Ibrahim S. Conteh, the Foundation made a $1,000 donation to Citizens to Drive Out Ebola. Freetown, Sierra Leone is a Sister City to New Haven, CT.
- In 2013, we donated $4,000 to the Oklahoma Housing Foundation after a devastating tornado in May and $2,500 to RRF in support of relief efforts in Illinois after tornadoes hit that state in November.
- In 2012 the Foundation partnered with AmeriCares to raise over $21,000 to support Connecticut relief efforts after Hurricane Sandy and that we also made a $3,500 contribution to the REALTORS Relief Fund (RRF) to in support of the recovery efforts of our neighbors in New York and New Jersey after the same storm. The Foundation also donated $2,500 to the Newtown Rotary and another $2,500 to Newtown Youth and Family Services to assist the community after the Sandy Hook tragedy.
- $5,000 to the Connecticut Chapter of the American Red Cross to help CT residents who were displaced by Hurricane Irene and $5,000 to the REALTORS Relief Foundation to support relief efforts in VT after Hurricane Irene in 2011.
- $11,000 to Alabama after the devastating tornadoes in 2011.
- $4,000 to Habitat for Humanity International for Chile after the earthquake in 2010.
- $6,000 through the REALTOR® Relief Fund for Haiti through the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund in 2010.
- $5,000 to Georgia after floods and mudslides in 2009.
- $5,000 to Kansas after tornadoes in 2007.
- $5,000 to Southeast Asia after the Tsunami in 2005.
- $50,000 towards efforts to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. CTR and the local Boards from Connecticut also raised and donated an additional $70,850 to NAR’s Operation Home Delivery project. Additionally, 14 CTR members traveled to Mobile Alabama as part of the Global Village project, organized in cooperation with Habitat for Humanity International, to build homes for those hurt by Katrina.
- After the terrorist attacks on 9/11, NAR created the REALTORS® Housing Relief Fund to aid the dependent family members of those killed in the attacks. The fund raised monies to make three mortgage payments for victim’s families to help keep them in their homes. Connecticut worked with NAR and was a hub state for the fund as many victims resided in Connecticut.